Monday, July 21, 2008

Book Report--Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

I really like the book Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. It is about an ordinary boy named Harry Potter who goes to a school for witches and wizards.

In this book Harry is raised by his aunt and uncle and his cousin Dudley. He learns his parents could do magic and he was going to learn, too. Some of his enemies were a student Harry's age, Draco Malfoy, and the potions teacher Severus Snape. He also met some friends, Ron Weasly and Hermione Granger.

I think this book teaches you good guys always beat bad guys.

I really love this book. I think everybody would like it and the next one: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. You can also get it on audio read by Jim Dale.

10 comments:

Vivian said...

Great review! I really like that book, too. Did you know in England it is called "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone?" It would be fun to find the UK version and see if there are any differences besides the title. I have only read the Harry Potter series once, but I'm planning to read them all again. How many time have you read each book?

Love you lots,
Grandma

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Fun stuff!

Boquinha said...

Great report, Sweetie! I know that you love Harry Potter and the audio version of these books really is SO good!!

Dr. Mark said...

I got to read your report as you did it, but I'm still going to tell you how good it is. I'm looking forward to your next book review.

Zelia said...

Very nice review Kate. I have read all the books but you remember everything and I do not. I wish that I knew as much as you do about Harry Potter.
I think it's great that you have read all of them 8 times.
I think I would like to hear it instead of reading it.
I love you
Vavó

J Fo said...

Great report! I bet you could do a good report for ALL of the Harry Potter books couldn't you? :) This is a betterr report that I would get from some of my students and they are a LOT older than you! I'm very impressed!

p.s. I'll have to call you soon and let you hear Emerson talking! :)

Jillo said...

I think you should try to get on Reading Rainbow as one of those cute kids that tell you all about a certian book.
Nice job, you are a great little writer! It made me want to go read all the books again.

Chiquita said...

Thanks for the comments!
I love getting them!

Grandma,
Yes I did know that it was called The Philosopher's Stone.
And I have read each book about nine or ten times. I lost track.

J Fo,
I am going to try and do all the Harry Potter books!
I am looking forward to talking to Emerson!

Swawa said...

Very good Hun, I thought that was a really great book also, although I still need to read the second one. :P

Emily said...

I love the first Harry Potter book too, because it's so much fun. The other books are really good as well, but they get a little more dark and scary. The first one is mostly just fun with a few scary parts interspersed. I loved your review, and it made me want to read it again!