It's been one heck of a crazy ride, but I've loved every bit of it. Getting to meet all of you fellow bloggers/online friends has been amazing and I'm so grateful that you faithful followers have stuck around to witness my insanity. A big, big thank you to all of my readers, commenters, and anyone who reads my blog, whether this is your first time in my little corner of the internet or you've been here for years. You guys make me smile and I couldn't ask for a better group of friends.
My virtual hug to all of you. ^
Since I'm turning 8, I thought it'd be fun to play a get to know you game involving lists (YAY), because I love lists. Like a lot. I make lists every day for everything I do. Sometimes they involve numbers, other times checkboxes, and other times none of the above. For these lists, they'll be numbered, 1-8, though they won't necessarily be in any kind of rank order. I'll list 8 things about myself (maybe 8 of my favorite books or favorite words), and you can steal any or all of the list topics (as well as adding your own!) and comment your own lists in the comments. :) You guys get to know me, I get to know you, and thus begins/continues a beautiful friendship.
I also thought it would be fun to continue the big thanks to all of you with a GIVEAWAY!!! Read on to find out more . . .
Are you ready?
8 favorite books
1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
4. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
5. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
6. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
8. The Calvin & Hobbes series by Bill Watterson
(Note: How in the world is anybody supposed to narrow down their favorite books to EIGHT?! Why do I torture myself?! This list will probably change in the next ten minutes, so that at least gives you an idea of my favorites.)
8 favorite movies
1. The "Harry Potter" movies
2. "The Fault In Our Stars"
3. The "Hunger Games" movies
4. "The Way, Way Back"
5. "What If"
6. "Stuck In Love"
7. "Midnight In Paris"
8. Marvel movies
(Note: Again, totally not a complete list . . .)
8 favorite TV shows
1. "Doctor Who"
4. "Gilmore Girls"
6. "Jane the Virgin"
7. "Veronica Mars"
8 favorite musical artists/albums
1. Taylor Swift
2. All of the music from "Hamilton"
3. The Civil Wars
4. Imagine Dragons
5. Ed Sheeran
7. Sleeping At Last
8. All of the music from "Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog"
8 favorite OTPs
1. Tenrose (the tenth Doctor + Rose from "Doctor Who")
2. Luneville (Luna + Neville from Harry Potter)
3. Thress (Thorne + Cress from the Lunar Chronicles)
4. Sherlolly (Sherlock + Molly from "Sherlock")
5. Megstiel (Meg + Castiel from "Supernatural")
6. Javajunkie (Luke + Lorelai from "Gilmore Girls")
7. Caskett (Castle + Beckett from "Castle")
8. Jane + Michael (from "Jane the Virgin - what the heck is their ship name?!)
8 favorite smells
1. Baking cookies
2. Books (especially trade paperbacks)
3. A new box of crayons
4. Mown grass
5. Peanut butter
6. My "Sherlock's Study" Book Lovers' Soy Candle
7. Pencil shavings
8 favorite writing snacks/drinks
1. Reese's peanut butter cups
5. Hot chocolate
(So yeah, lots of chocolate is key.)
8 favorite names (or "8 names that Kate repeatedly uses throughout different stories without realizing it)
8 favorite animals
8 favorite celebrities
1. Felicia Day
2. Lin-Manuel Miranda
3. David Tennant
4. Benedict Cumberbatch
5. Jared Padalecki/Jensen Ackles (Because now I can't imagine one without the other; They're a package deal.)
6. Emma Watson
7. Daniel Radcliffe
8. Jennifer Lawrence
8 favorite words
8 words to describe me
One lucky winner will receive a FREE e-book of the Fauxpocalypse anthology, a science-fiction collection of stories about the end of the world that wasn't. I'm one of the contributors. Each story has its own special take on this fake apocalypse and provides a different tone to the book. Everyone will find a story that speaks to them!
All you have to do to enter is check out the Rafflecopter form below. You have until July 31st. Good luck!!
(Note: If you already own a copy of Fauxpocalypse, I will gift a copy to one person of the winner's choice!)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for joining in with the Blogiversary fun! Leave a comment with a list of 8 things about yourself, if you'd like, and don't forget to enter the giveaway! Here's to another 8 years! :)