Friday, October 6, 2017

In Case You Missed It . . .

Engie at "Musings From Neville's Navel" tagged me for the ICYMI tag! The rules are simple: Go through the past two years of your blog and pick the five posts you most want people to read. Then tag five blogs to do the same. This is perfect for new readers who have just discovered your blog or even old readers who might have overlooked a post or two.

And since we already know I have no respect for the rules when it comes to limiting myself to a certain number, I decided to share seven of my favorite blog posts from the past two years. Seven is the most magical number, after all.



Without further ado . . .

7 Awesome Blog Posts You Might Not Have Read:

1. "Dear OTP (TCWT Blog Chain)"

Ah, the days of "Teens Can Write Too," back when I was young and innocent and didn't torment my characters nearly as much as I do now . . .

I mean, my characters are definitely happy and have never known pain. What are you talking about?

Anyways, I wrote several letters to my favorite fictional ships and you should definitely read them if you haven't yet.

2. "The Importance of Fan-Fiction"

Even after years of fan-fiction gaining popularity on the internet, there are a still a few people who don't consider fan-fiction "real writing" or even valid as an art form. I wrote a post defending it, because clearly it's awesome.

3. "What Makes a Great Fictional Romance?"

If you haven't noticed, I talk a lot about shipping on my blog. It's so much fun! But what makes a ship so ship-able (an actual for real word I did not just make up nope no way)? You can find out by reading this handy dandy blog post.

4. "The Stages of Reading a Really Good Book"

If you're a bookworm like I am, chances are you can relate to this.


5. "Seven 'Facts' About YA Novels that are as Accurate as Ron Weasley's Divination Predictions"

If you want to see me use various Weasley-related gifs to take down flimsy arguments about why YA novels aren't that great, look no further.

6. "On Writing Endings"

It's hard to say goodbye, especially to a book you loved writing, but there's also something really satisfying about finishing a book, too. I tackle all the mixed feelings of typing "the end" in this post. Plus, you can learn about my descent into madness as I grew closer to the end.


7. "I Use Gifs to Describe My Writing Process (and to describe a lot of other things)"

Gifs, gifs galore! And more descents into madness! Everything you will ever need to know about me as a writer! I'm sure my fellow writers can relate to a lot of it, too.


I tag . . .

1. Lara Liz at "Another Teen Reader" 
2. Ivy at "Ivyclad Ideas" 
3. Sophy at "Lavender + Blue"
4. Amber at "The Mile Long Bookshelf"
5. Emma at "Kittens on Bookshelves"

Have fun!

No comments: