Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Mystery Blogger Award


This tag was created by Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma's Blog. I was tagged by Ivy at "Ivyclad Ideas." Thanks for the nomination!



The Rules

Put the award logo/image on your blog.
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10-20 people.
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
Share a link to your best post(s).

Three Things About Me

1. I organize my bookshelf somewhat by genre, but mostly by mood, if that makes sense. So paranormal, mysteries, and thrillers might all get lumped together for a "dark" section. It makes it very handy in deciding what I should read next since I can match my mood to my shelf!

2. My dream theatre role is Eponine from "Les Misérables."

3. I wear fandom t-shirts to any kind of social event or summer camp if I don't know many people there and want to make new friends.

Ivy's Questions

1. Can you draw?

Can I? Yes. Do I? Not usually. Am I very good? Nope, not at all.

2. Do you like any specific type of non-fiction?

Memoirs! They tend to be informally written, funny, and full of voice. It's hard to keep my attention with non-fiction, but that's a genre I can get behind.

3. Do you prefer animated shows or live-action shows?

Definitely live-action. I feel way more connected to the stories and the characters. Plus, some animation styles freak me out (like claymation *shudders*).

4. Would you survive a zombie apocalypse?

I would like to think I could, and I do when I daydream, but in reality, I'd probably die. Although all of my "training" from books and movies would allow me to survive a little bit longer. I wouldn't die in the first wave, at least.

5. What animal would you be and why? (Designated weird question™)

A baby elephant! Fun-loving and klutzy as hell.


My Questions

1. If you could live in any one fictional world, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite classic fairy tale and why?
3. If you could be fearless for a day, what would you do?
4. Cats or dogs? Coffee or tea? Early riser or night owl?
5. What article of clothing seems to best fit your personality? (Designated weird question™)

My Best Post

This was a tricky one for me to pick, but the blog posts I had the most fun writing and received pretty good responses are as follows:

"The Importance of Fan-Fiction"
"On Writing Endings"
"What Makes a Great Fictional Romance?"

I tag . . .

Any and all who wish to participate! All too often I see bloggers sheepishly admitting that they "stole" a tag, so here's a way to do a tag without having to steal it and admit your deepest, darkest secrets. ;)

Feel free to answer some or all of the questions in the comments!

7 comments:

Boquinha said...

Baby Elephant!! LOVE!! <3

3 Facts About Me:

1. I get ridiculously excited about things I love and have to force myself to rein it in sometimes so that I don't over-SQUEEEEEE in public. The most recent time that happened, I was talking about To Kill a Mockingbird with someone I'm getting to know. Oh! And I also had to literally turn away and hide behind a corner when I got super SQUEEEE excited seeing Max treating someone he cares about with manners, respect, and chivalry. Daddy immediately told me I'm not allowed to chaperone any dates. Bwahahahaha!

2. I crave chocolate in a MAJOR way anytime I eat Asian food. No idea why, but it's a real thing.

3. I'm highly distractable and have to sometimes physically block the sidebar of the screen with my arm when I read articles so that I don't get sucked into reading 5 more.

On to the questions:

1. If you could live in any one fictional world, what would it be?

Stars Hollow.

2. What is your favorite classic fairy tale and why?

Probably Aladdin because it's one that reminds me of me and Daddy and our dating years. :)

3. If you could be fearless for a day, what would you do?

This question makes me cry, because I can't even imagine this. I think I'd have a normal day and just savor what it feels like to not be scared.

4. Cats or dogs? Coffee or tea? Early riser or night owl?

Dogs. Tea. Night owl!

5. What article of clothing seems to best fit your personality? (Designated weird question™)

Cardigan? Because I'm always cold so it's handy. But also because I love them. And they're comfortable and simple and not high fashion, and I think that fits my personality, too.

Book Maniac 12 said...

I love this post. Tempted to tag myself but I won't because I don't want the torture of having to decide what fictional world to live in.

The Magic Violinist said...

@Boquinha

I probably spent more time watching baby elephant gifs than I did actually writing this post.

Those three facts almost seem random on their own but actually make for a very comprehensive description of the kind of person you are!

I like your answer for #5. That definitely fits. And I should have guessed you'd pick Stars Hollow. :P

@Sasha

You could always pick multiple fictional worlds . . . ;)

Jimmy said...

Good strategy with the t-shirts. And you'd outlive me in a zombie apocalypse.

3 Facts About Me

1. At 5'6 3/4" I am actually tall for my family.
2. I shed tears watching the most recent Annie movie--the one with Jamie Foxx. Just the idea of orphans can get me choked up.
3. The only ride I've had in an ambulance was when I tried to ride a tricycle down the slide at the day care when I was 4. I failed in case you were wondering. Evel Knievel is still an underrated action hero.

Your Questions

1. If you could live in any one fictional world, what would it be? The high school dance scene in the gym from Grease. Pink socks and everything.

2. What is your favorite classic fairy tale and why? I'm not real up on fairy tales. Rumpelstiltskin? The guy was so sinister. Just awful.

3. If you could be fearless for a day, what would you do? Surfing. I love the ocean but I'm afraid to even try because I hear it's an exclusive club and they make fun of posers.

4. Cats or dogs? Coffee or tea? Early riser or night owl? Dogs, tea, early riser. I actually wish I was more of a night owl, but any time I try to stay up late, it throws my whole life off.

5. What article of clothing seems to best fit your personality? (Designated weird question™) Hoodies with the name of a city on them. Relaxed, but shows that you don't mind an adventure.

The Magic Violinist said...

@Jimmy

It's worked like a charm! Most of my closest friends became my friends because of the clothes I wore, which sounds super shallow when you don't know the context, now that I think about it.

If my measurements were correct the last time, that makes me a 1/4 of an inch taller than you. It's funny how you can be considered really tall or super short depending on who you're around at the time. And I pretty much figured that tricycle stunt failed from your intro. I bet you were the talk of the playground, though.

Ooh, nice answer for #3. I used to be way more fearless when it came to the ocean when I was younger, but riptides and looming waves freak me out now.

I love your #5 answer! Very unique.

Dr. Mark said...

You only need to outrun/outsmart one person during the zombie apocalypse. Keep that in mind. :P

And that GIF of the baby elephant? Yeah, I can see you as a baby elephant. ;)

Three Facts about me:

1. I don't like to pick favorites, of anything. Deep down I know I could probably pick favorites, but I like to keep my options open.

2. I like to learn how to repair things around the house, but I've about reached my limit on learning about plumbing. I hate plumbing.

3. Clowns scare the hell out of me. It doesn't matter what kind. They are all freaky as hell.

Your Questions

1. If you could live in any one fictional world, what would it be?

I think I'd pick Terry Pratchett's Discworld. It's random, and sarcastic, and ironic, and there are so many great characters to meet there. Although, I would not want to meet my favorite character. You do NOT want to encouter DEATH while you are there. It's never a good sign.

2. What is your favorite classic fairy tale and why?

I actually don't know that I would have thought of Aladdin as a fairy tale, but now I do! :)

3. If you could be fearless for a day, what would you do?

I'd go around telling people exactly what I think, good or bad. I don't think I'd love the day after my fearless day, but on a fearless day, that wouldn't stop me.

4. Cats or dogs? Coffee or tea? Early riser or night owl?

Dogs. Tea. Early riser by circumstance, but being a night owl is more fun.

5. What article of clothing seems to best fit your personality? (Designated weird question™)

I'd like to think sandals--relaxed and casual. Sadly, I'm probably a blue button-down oxford shirt. :/

The Magic Violinist said...

@Dr. Mark

Very true about the zombie apocalypse!

I agree with you there about clowns. I've never seen a clown that hasn't been creepy in some capacity. They're all freaky for different reasons.

I wouldn't imagine meeting Death in any fictional world could be a good thing. No matter how amusing the character is.

LOL, that's a great choice for #3. Although you would have to deal with the repercussions later, so maybe it wouldn't be so great (except for in the moment).

Maybe you're a blue button-down oxford shirt with sandals. ;)